Tuesday 1 April 2014

Silver clay oh what a day!

This weekend I treated myself to a silverclay course at my little craft shop Craftcandy.

After an hour of playing with polymer clay and trying to get the shape I wanted, several attempts at different shapes later, I settled on this little fellow and decided on adding a texture to his back using a stamp.


Then we opened the silver clay! The texture was much like ordinary clay but spongy at the same time. We had to work super quick to get our pieces put together and use water to bind different parts.
Here he is after being fired in the kiln and brushed with a wire brush. To make him super shiny we used a stainless steel tool to burnish.


I'm so pleased with how he turned out. If you haven't guessed what he is, I made a little turtle :).

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...