Tuesday 15 March 2011

The Guild of Essex Craftsmen

Following an ad in the local paper 2 weeks ago, I attended the The Guild of Essex Craftsmen fair at Hylands House in Chemlsford this weekend. I found it an interesting experience as it was the first event I had been to. At the moment I am not a member of the Guild although having seen the work produced I am very interested in joining. Unfortunately I think the next selection is next April and applications need to be in by February.

The fair was held over 2 days, Saturday and Sunday, with at least 40 exhibitors ranging from cross-stitch and knitting to papercraft, jewellery, woodwork and even pottery. There were vairous information points with leaflets and books listing all the members of the Guild and what they all do. They are all working at such a high standard that I just had to look at everything.

Along the way we played with gorgeous kaleidoscopes, chatted with some of the exhibitors, tried on jewellery, admired artwork and photography, and cooed over glass lamps, then we began to purchase items.

My father bought me a lovely necklace made from fused glass, I picked up an Ash bowl with metal hummingbird lid, a Brazilian Mahogany earring stand, Canadian Maple needle holder, and a knitted artist. My father then bought my sister a fused glass necklace and I purchased one for myself as well as matching earrings. Our other puchases included a planting dibber made from a wood I can't remember, 2 hand painted glass vases, a wooden mushroom magnet.

IMAG0432
The mushroom magnet and needle holder are missing from this photo. Click to see individual images of the items.

For more information on the Guild and their upcoming events, please visit the website linked above.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...