Saturday 27 August 2011

Liberate Your Art - Blog Hop

I've not long posted about the postcards I received during the swap however for this weekend there is a blog hop for all the participants so here is my entry for the weekend.

When I first spotted the swap on another blog I immediately checked in and signed up. I joined Postcrossing.com at the beginning of the year so being able to actually send my artwork to people who would appreciate it via Kat in America, I couldn't help but jump at the chance, and to not only send art but receive it too.

The idea of the swap was to create five printed postcards of your own artwork, whatever that art be and send them to Kat in America whom then swapped them all about and mailed them all out across the world, each person receiving 5 postcards in return. A way of sharing your artwork, and connecting with other artists across the blogging world.

So many photographers, artists, and crafters alike joined in that there were over 200 participants meaning everyone involved would receive an extra postcard from Kat herself for joining in.

Here are all the postcards I received from the swap:

Liberate your Art Postcard swap

I would like to say a HUGE thankyou for the lovely postcards and messages I received and a special thankyou to Kat for organising, distributing, it's been a HUGE success and I would love to do it again in the near future.

Thankyou for the lovely card Kat and what a wonderful way to finish the swap with a blog hop!

Postcard from Kat

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of my 5 postcards before sending them on to Kat so I am looking for them in the Blog Hop below... Happy Blog-hopping everyone!




6 comments:

Jo Murray said...

It was great fun, and we all received lovely messages from all over.

Anonymous said...

I have loved every minute of this!

lifeneedsart said...

Well done! Glad to hear your story.

Kat Sloma said...

So great to hear the story of you finding the swap! Yay! I appreciated having you in the swap, you received some beautiful cards.

Marji said...

Yay! You got one of mine. Glad you had fun with the swap - me too!
*Marji

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Hello... nice to meet you!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and photos.
Enjoy your postcard "artful" treasures.
I really enjoyed my visit here.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...