Saturday 7 January 2012

So it's January!

A new start to a new year!

What are your plans for the new year?

Me? My mother signed us up to the MoonWalk for BreastCancer in May - All 26 miles of it!!! So that means I'm hitting the gym and doing as much zumba as I can to get my fitness back, lose some weight and get a hell of a lot fitter.

Other than that I'm trying to find a course to start that isn't a 4 hour drive away.

And this month there is a new theme for the Sketchbook Challenge. The start to the year is 'Doodling' which over the past year I have done quite a lot of so that suits me just fine.

There was a question posted as to whether or not people would be continuing with their sketchbook from last year or starting a new one... Well as I have a quarter left of last years sketchbook I think I will fill up the one I have! It's served me well and will continue to bring me pleasure in art!!!

The only thing to start the year on a bad note is that I haven't finished my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project tour. I just didn't know where to go with it, how to start it and in the end I guess I trashed it... Perfect for last month's theme on The Sketchbook Challenge blog though.

Anyway on a better note! I already have ideas flowing through me for this months theme and I think if I start the Sketchbook Project tour within January then I might make it to December with a gorgeously filled book rather than a trashed one... I have already seen the past few days of posting from writers on the Sketchbook Challenge blog and there are so many things I want to try! Collaging and transferring sketches to fabrics being just 2 of them! I also have some exciting new products currently being shipped to me so my creative juices should be flowing for quite some time...

Watch this space for some exciting new Etsy products, and gorgeous sketchbook pages, I think I'm finally developing my own style! Also I still have my 15 cross stitch projects left to finish, so keep an eye out for progress updates on those too!

Here's to a new year, a new you and a new me!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...