Sunday 8 April 2012

Art of Quilting - Patch 1

Having purchased issue one of The Art of Quilting magazine, I had to subscribe, I don't know what it is but even though I can sew both by hand and by machine, I haven't really dipped into quilting. I can make simple patch quilts bordering between squares etc but I just don't understand how to make patterned panels. With this new magazine it gives you the templates to create each panel and put it together. Here is the patch for issue #1:

IMAG1912

I have since received issues 2 + 3 however the folder I received to put them in is broken so I am waiting for a new one.
I also have some patchworking magazines with patterns for panels which I am really looking forward to trying out, one of which is a heart shape using strips of fabric, I cannot wait! Watch this space!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...