Wednesday 2 May 2012

More heart quilting

I've been at it again and made up this heart quilt panel using a slightly smaller copy of the black and white heart I recently completed. This time using my gorgeous fat quarters of chinese brocade silks. It proved to take the same amount of time as the larger one due to the nature of the fabric as it contantly frays at the edges and when trimming each section down to size it gets trapped in the cuting mat and makes a mess, anywho here is my quilted patch.

 IMAG2047

IMAG2046 

I'm not quite sure what to make it into as yet. Was thinking a cushion like the other but I think it might be nice as a bag maybe. I could make another using a different colourway maybe in the same fabrics for the reverse and line it with cotton. What do you think???

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...