Sunday 6 May 2012

Spring Exchange

Here is the cushion I made for the Spring Exchange on Etsy team British Sellers on Etsy. I actually finished and sent this back in March but for some reason, again I missed sharing it. So here it is.

IMAG1859

IMAG1860

I made the multi-coloured panels by stitching some scrap fabrics from my TUSAL jar onto a white cotton square, then layering some off-cut threads from the same jar, a piece of lace (not from the jar) and pleating a rainbow organza on top before using some fancy stitches on my sewing machine to compact it all. Then machine stitching flowers on top and sewing on buttons. The centre of the cushion is the trimmed edge from the fabric I made.

It's a technique I had been looking to try since starting the TUSAL jar over a year ago and this gave me the perfect opportunity to do so. I see many more being made in this way as I have a new jar for this year too...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...