Friday 8 November 2013

Feeling Christmassy

Getting in the mood for christmas, for some reason proves difficult for me as there is just so much to do, costs far too much and not enough time to do it, no matter how early you start. Anyway I decided to have a go at making a robin using wire and beads. I originally started this whilst on holiday in August although didn't like the shape and so had a go at another. Made with Red and Bronze coloured wire with red glass seedbeads and a black glass eye this little robin was born.


I left him at my local shop, Craft Candy, where I teach classes and people have been very interested in doing a class on him in time for Christmas so have just booked for December 20th. Can't wait!

The other way I am in preparation for Christmas is the making of the Christmas Spectacular set at work. I have been busy working away with another member of staff creating a Gingerbread man, Christmas baubles, a Candycane forest and at some point a Gingerbread house and a toy soldier, all before the show on December 12th - a talent show with students of the school doing different performances such as singing, dancing, acting and even a couple of bands too.






Unfortunately our Gingerbread man is not looking a very gingerbread colour so I stopped by B&Q to pick up some colour cards to see if we can get a paint we don't need to mix for him and his house. On the way I saw these adorable decorations and picked up plenty of colour cards to choose from.


Well these have got me in the Christmassy mood, how about you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...