Thursday 18 December 2008

A funny little boy and one completed jacket

This morning I remembered that my mum said Joey was going to meet Santa at nursery and the kids were going to dress up so he chose one of his outfits. Now some of the ladies from A Crafty Natter will remember this from the meet-up in Derby early October.

That's right, he chose Sully from Monster's Inc.

Photobucket Photobucket

So he went off to nursery to meet Santa and I went off to Uni. I made and adjustment to my sleeve pattern and got it cut out and sewn together, only managing to top stitch down one of the seams as I ran out of thread again, although I did do the sleeve hem. I then sewed the lining to the bottom edge, turned it all through the right way, and pressed the hem to lay flat. With the exception of the hole in the hem and the armholes of the lining that need hand-sewing, it was finished and I handed it in for marking.

Front:
Jacket front

Side:
Jacket side

Back:
Jacket back

Front details, Busk and cording:
busk detail CF cording detail front

Back frills and lining:
frill detail CB Jacket lining

Thanks for looking.

signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your son is too cute and that jacket is to die for

Mylene said...

WOW! Your jacket turned out great and your son looks wonderful in his costum.

Anonymous said...

I remember it on your Dad!!LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...