Monday 23 March 2009

My Olympia trip...

On Thursday I went to the Stitch & Craft Show at Olympia and had quite a nice day out. I made my way around the ground floor before heading down to the lower ground where I booked myself into a knitted flower brooches class and managed to make a couple of flowers lol. I even learned to purl properly after being able to knit for years. I also went up to the top floor for a look around too and got a free goody bag from the RUcraft stand.

Here are my flowers:
My knitted flowers

And here is my stash from the show:
My Stitch & Craft Show stash

The items are as follows from top left to right and then bottom left to right:

  • 18 count pearlescent aida ~ white
  • 28 count pebble print evenweave ~ grey
  • 32 count pearlescent evenweave ~ white
  • Red stitch un-pick
  • 2 strong magnets
  • A charm kit ~ pink
  • A mini mannequin stand ~ pin cushion
  • Sewing/knitting bag with cow print and pink detailing
  • 4mm knitting needles
  • 2 pairs of embroidery scissors ~ 1 stork shaped & green, 1 simple & white speckled
  • Some beads ~ pink and clear swarovski and a white china heart
  • Some head pins and some silver balls
  • 10mm knitting needles

Oh and here's some seed beads I bought for a project of mine that I can't show you yet lol:
Beads

Here's a couple of things that caught my interest at the show, I just had to take some pictures lol. This is the "Gone to Pieces" Button-up quilt:
Gone to pieces button-up quilt
This is part of the growing coral reef project:
Coral reef of knitting
And this is a little boy mannequin I found dressed in a cute little jumper and hat:
A little boy dressed in a jumper

Thanks for looking.

signature

3 comments:

Stitchabilities said...

Fabulous stash haul there Maddy

Stitchingranny said...

The manaquin pin cushion is so apt for you Maddy.

Glad you had a nice time and I guess you are not on the wagon lol.

Karan said...

Very nice stash haul - love that grey pebble fabric. :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...