Saturday 10 May 2014

8th Bead Soup Blog Party!!!

  It's been a rough time for me but I have had a lovely time working with my bead soup from the lovely Lesley Lane. The reds and golds work so well together, all I really added were sparkly glass rondelles and lots of wire!

I do love working with wire!

If you'll remember, here is what my partner sent me to play with.



And here is how the soup has developed...

The first piece I made was this gorgeous suncatcher for my car using red wire, one of the Czech glass flowers, a bronze charm I just had to include and lots of sparkling AB coated glass rondelles which really do reflect the light spectacularly.

Continuing with the addition of red wire here's one of my statement necklaces using a mix of all the different beads from my soup.

The Indian glass and palm wood beads had large holes so I was able to string them onto ribbons and have plaited to form this bracelet. It will be finished with copper wire cones and a hammered copper clasp.

 The cute little birdie focal now has a blossom branch to sit on. I love how these little Czech beads have come together, they compliment each other so well. I'm debating whether to make this into a necklace or brooch, any thoughts?

 A simple pair of earrings with the addition of red wire again and some AB coated glass rondelles.

 Unfortunately I haven't been able to getting around to using the second focal piece and the clasp, however there is still plenty left over and another pair of earrings and bracelet still to finish. I've already started making links with the beads to make a large necklace where the clasp will be a feature as well as functional.

Hope you like what I've done with the soup Lesley, and can't wait to see what you've made with yours.

xxx

If you'd like to visit others in the hop please use the link below to find a list of other members joining in other at Lori's blog.

31 comments:

Unknown said...

What a scrummy soup, you have made some gorgeous pieces.
Your bird and blossom piece looks beautiful.

Kym Hunter Designs said...

I love the piece that you made with the bird focal! Everything is very pretty and I can't wait to see what you make with the other focal!

Sarah said...

Those are so beautiful - I'm in awe of your wirework skills! I think you should make the branch and bird into a hair accessory. It's the perfect size :)

Unknown said...

Wow all that red! That's a hard co!or for me to work with, but I loved your red wirework!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous wire work! Love the reds too, great job!

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

Beautiful pieces. I love the bird on the branch.

Loretta said...

What fun soup. I love your sun catcher. What a nice reminder to look at everyday, "never give up".

Lesley Lane said...

Your wirework is gorgeous Maddy! I love what you have done, especially the birdie piece and the bracelet. Look forward to seeing what you do with the rest :)

PiPa said...

I love the branch you made for your birdie, it is so beautifully done! ANd the idea of the car suncatcher is gorgeous

Nelly May said...

Lovely, lovely wirework. Birdy on a branch is so delicious! I'm very taken with the gorgeous chunky braided bracelet too. Beautiful creations every one of them!

Ginger Davis Allman (The Blue Bottle Tree) said...

That plaited choker is so unique and lovely. Very wearable. I can tell that you had fun working on the wire pieces. They're so original!

Kepi said...

Beautiful wire work, such pretty pieces. Love the variety of techniques you used. The braided bracelet is my fav!

bailaora said...

all projects are so interesting, but the suncatcher is my fav!!

Unknown said...

All so nice

Mags said...

Very exceptional crations with a red wire, wow! I love that brooch with a birdie, yes, brooch it is :-D

Just Beads said...

Wow, what a great soup. I love the wire work and the wonderful colours. Your soup is really fun.

sheilaposter said...

You made something no one else did!the sun catcher. And that necklace was so interesting, I had to enlarge the picture to get at the detail. There was a lot more detail in the wired tree too.
The colors are just great, oh that red wire!

Linda A. said...

how on EARTH did you make the red bib necklace? i L-0-V-E IT!!

Linda A.
http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

Heather Otto said...

Wow! The red and hold look fantastic together! Your Wirework is great. I think your bird on a branch would make a sweet brooch!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

What lovely creations, Maddison! I like that you chose to accent the red rather than play it down :) I'm following so I don't miss it if you post more goodies :)

Tammy Adams said...

Love the lacy wirework in the necklace and suncatcher. And how you created a sparkly little tree for the bird to perch on. Great designs.

Kari Asbury said...

Lovely designs! really love the suncatcher, so sparkly!

Anonymous said...

Oh, adorable birdie on the branch! So very cool! Like the suncatcher idea and am loving that clunky bracelet with the wooden beads.

WindDancerStudios said...

Love the little bird!

Great soup!

Barb Fernald said...

Your red wire work is so fresh and fun! You did a really nice job with your soup! I really like the bird on a branch focal you made too.

Unknown said...

Red and gold makes jewellery for a queen (-: Love the ideas for the unfinished pieces too... Great suncatcher and necklace did you make, ♥really ♥nice.

Janine Lucas (Esfera Jewelry) said...

Very interesting pieces!

CraftyHope said...

You definitely have a way with wire. I really like your little bird piece. I think it would work nicely as a brooch personally. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be lovely!

Terri said...

You took that soup and wire wrapped it right into some truly unique designs. Terrific color palate you had to play with. Depending on how the bird on the branch is weighted I'd like to see it as a broach. But if it tends to flip forward then I'd go with making it into a neck lace...what ever you choose you are sure to get a lot of compliments when you wear it. Soup-er job!

bairozan said...

Congrats on the sun catcher for the car - yet another unusual idea from 8th BSBP! That red wire focal is a real statement! The bird and branch are a fantastic couple! The addition of red wire to the soup made it even more vibrant, good move!

Becky Pancake said...

Hi Maddison, Your suncatcher idea is certainly unique. I like your braided bracelet. Your wirework is great. My favorite of your pieces is the birdie. Personally I would make it a necklace because it seems rather large to me to be a brooch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...